is a pre-professional learning experience, in which students apply their skills and knowledge in a professional setting.
At the end of your master course, normally an internship period is to be spent in a company in order to obtain between 20 and 30 credits (CFU)
according to the Master you are enrolled in.
There are two different ways to get an internship: the first one is to benefit from contacts given by the Politecnico itself through companies presentations, web sites, blackboards; the second one is to contact personally a company, find an interesting topic or a project to develop and propose it to the Master Coordinator.
Steps to follow after having chosen an italian company
- the official language of an internship is italian as most of the hosting companies are in Italy;
- there are no vacations during the internship (apart from periods in which the company is closed);
- fill out the empty fields of the Progetto Formativo as detailed as possibile and if you do not have all the information, you can get it by contacting your Company Tutor or by reading the courses regulation. Remember that when you insert the e-mail address of your company tutor program will authomatically notify to the mentor the confirmation of the account. The company tutor receive a message by e-mail and has to confirm the link. If the company tutor doesn’t confirm the account you cannot print the “progetto formativo”
1. Propose it or confirm your choice to the Master Office;
2. Verify if the firm you would like to join has an agreement with Politecnico and if not you must settle it on (in this case contact Ufficio Career Service or Ufficio Master);
3. Fill out the Progetto Formativo through the Portale della Didattica, are the following:
- connect to the web page https://didattica.polito.it/.
- go to your personal page by entering the access codes in the “single sign on”.
- click on the label “STAGE” and then “Componi il tuo Progetto Formativo” (which means “Fill out your Progetto Formativo”).
- check if the company where you want to do your internship is included in the list under the heading “Azienda” (which means Company) and remember that the list includes only companies in ITALY! (For foreign companies see the last paragraph).
- if the company appears it means that there had been signed an agreement with the university, and then you can proceed filling out the Progetto Formativo.
- if the company does not appear in the list, you have to contact the Career Service Office or visit the web page
- fill out the empty fields of the Progetto Formativo as detailed as possibile and if you do not have all the information, you can get it by contacting your Company Tutor or by reading the Faculty’s regulation.
- print the document even if it still has blanks.
- get the document signed by both your Accademic Tutor and your Company Tutor and try to get all the missing information completing the printed document.
- then access again to your personal page and verify that the on-line version of the Progetto Formativo has the right information and corresponds with that of the printed version.
- hand in the printed document to the Career Service Office at least 7 days before the start date of your internship.
4. Withdraw the internship book (LIBRETTO DI TIROCINIO) and record there your attendance;
5. Hand in the Libretto di Tirocinio to Ufficio Career Service within 10 days after the end of the Internship;
6. Submit a written summary report of internship experience BY E-MAIL to the master coordinator.
Steps to follow after having chosen a foreign company are explained at this page: