abroad not only is a good way to gain work experience, but also a perfect
opportunity to develop other skills such as your knowledge of foreign languages.
An internship gives
you the opportunity to discover the world of work. It helps you to enrich your
theoretical and methodological background and allows you to put into practice
what you learnt during your studies.
Click HERE to view the internship
announcements posted by companies.
The process for
an internship in Italy is different from the process for an internship aboard. That
is because different countries have different rules and standards.
If you want to
do an internship abroad, the Host Company must register HERE
registration, the company receives an e-mail and must confirm a link.
will received the credentials to access to the platform.
to host interns, the institution/company must complete all the details about
the institution/company asked at the first access and in section Internship
Agreement attach a copy of ID of an institution/company referent.
internships abroad have specific
rules and procedures, which vary depending on each degree programme.
The procedure for the registration of your internship
in your transcripts also depends on the rules of your degree programme. The
duration of an internship aboard (number of hours) is equal to the number of
credits you have in your Personal Study Plan (1 credit = 25 hours).
you check the internship regulations of your degree programme for more
The INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT/Progetto Formativo is a document that you must fill out online BEFORE you start your internship.
It includes the following information:
· your personal data;
· information on your Host Company and contact details of your Company Tutor (the person chosen by the Company to assist and guide you during your internship);
· contact details of your Academic Tutor, a PoliTo faculty member chosen by you or automatically assigned to you, depending on the rules of your degree programme. Your Academic Tutor is in charge of verifying that the contents and activities carried out during your internship actually match those declared by the Host Company.
· work schedule and internship dates. We need this information to provide appropriate insurance coverage (for Ispettorato del Lavoro);
· expected training outcomes and contents of your internship
How to fill out your INTERNSHIP AGREMENT/Progetto Formativo:
1 - Log in to your personal page of the Teaching Portal: https://didattica.polito.it/ using your access credentials (Login)
2- Select the STAGE/INTERNSHIP tab and click “New Progetto Formativo”.
3- Enter the company name in the “Company name” field: if you find the company in the drop-down list, it means that it has an agreement with Politecnico. In this case, you can continue filling in your Progetto Formativo.
4- If the company is not included in the drop-down list, go to “Convenzione di Tirocinio (agreement)” and follow the procedure. Then go to step 5.
5 - Fill out your Progetto Formativo in detail; if you do not have some information, ask your Company Tutor or your Academic Tutor. 6 - After entering your Company Tutor’s e-mail address, the system will send him/her a message. Your Company Tutor must confirm his/her e-mail address following the procedure illustrated in the message. You need this confirmation before you can continue filling out your Progetto Formativo.
7 - Extending the duration of your internship (valid for Master’s degree programmes only): internships have a given duration (hours) and provide a certain number of credits as specified in your Annual Personal Study Plan. You can extend the duration of your internship (number of hours) by selecting one of the options available in the field “Expected no. of hours”. You can only do this operation before the beginning of your internship and not while you are doing it. In any case, you cannot do more than 900 hours. Any request to extend the duration of an internship must be decided together with the Host Company. It MUST also be approved by a Polito faculty member (your Academic Tutor or the Internship Coordinator for your degree programme) who may reject your proposal. In this case, you need to make a new proposal and fill out a new Progetto Formativo. If your Progetto Formativo is approved, it means that the extension of your internship and the extra hours have been accepted too. At the end of an internship with extended duration, you will see that the internship is recorded in your transcript as follows: INTERNSHIP with standard hours/credits in accordance with the rules of your degree programme (i.e., 6 credits/ 150 hours) plus the annotation “curricular internship extension” with your extra hours/credits. These credits will be recorded in your transcript as credit overload (they do not count towards the 120-credit threshold required for Master’s graduation)
8 – Click “SAVE AND SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL”. Your Project will be assessed in this order by: · your Company Tutor, who receives an e-mail with a link to a page where he can accept / reject your Project. · By your Academic Tutor, who can approve/reject your project from his/her personal page, and/or by the Internship Coordinator of your degree programme, who approves and VALIDATES your Project. These approvals are given online. Hard copies of these documents and signatures are not required.
- After the validation of your Progetto Formativo, the Host Company can see it from its private area of the portal. You can also download a PDF version of this document and send it to the Company, if needed. - You can now start your internship. You must fill out your Timesheet for each day of work.
- One week before the end of your internship, you and your Company Tutor will be asked to fill out an online questionnaire.
- At the end of your internship, you must print out your Timesheet and have it signed by the legal representative or by the HR office of the company.
- You must scan your signed Timesheet and upload it to the portal together with the documents that may be required by your degree programme (i.e., report, portfolio…)
- Deliver the hard copy of your Timesheet – not the report – to the Office of Career Services. You can drop it in the mailboxes in front of the office. You do not need to come to our Office during our opening hours.
POST GRADUATE INTERNSHIP
After filling out your online Internship Agreement, print it and have it signed by both your Company and Academic Tutor.
You must submit the original copy of your Internship Agreement to the Office of Career Services at least 7 days before you start your internship (if you are already abroad, you can send a scanned copy of your Internship Agreement through our Ticketing service).
The Office of Student Services will sign your Internship Agreement and send a copy of your document to your Host Company. You will receive an e-mail into your Polito mailbox with the link to print your internship booklet.
When your internship is over, you need to return your internship booklet (duly signed by both your Company and Academic Tutors) to the Office of Career Services within 15 days of the end date of your internship.
You also need to fill out an online evaluation questionnaire (go to your personal page of the Teaching Portal – click STAGE tab - select your internship)
IMPORTANT: Before travelling to a foreign country for your
internship (even if the country belongs to the Schenghen Area), verify with the
embassy/consulate of your host country if you need an entry visa. This depends on
your nationality and current domicile. Before buying any ticket, please go to
the Foreign Citizens Office of Politecnico for more information.